Watermelon Mango Salsa is a Summertime Favorite!
Do you use the jarred salsa in the stores? So do we… But when we came across this recipe, we fell in love! It’s so easy, its flexible (you can adjust the ingredients towards your own taste), AND it is so fresh & fabulous & full of flavor!
Here’s are the ingredients you need:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime zest (from approx 1 lime)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from approx 3 limes)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups seeded & finely chopped watermelon (red or yellow)
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded & diced
- 1 mango, peeled & diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded & minced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 8 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
Stir together the lime zest, lime juice, sugar and 3/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl. Add the watermelon, cucumber, mango, jalapeño, onion & basil and toss gently.
Chill the salsa until ready to serve & Add the garlic salt just before serving.
Serve with your favorite tortilla chips & refreshing beverages.
Also use on your main course- it was fantastic on our bbq’ed Salmon!
We love when a recipe has a special & simple twist to it. Check out our Easy One Pan Baked Beans?