Perfect Potato Latkes Recipe aka: Potato Pancakes are one of the best parts of Chanukah! If you haven’t tasted a potato latkes before, know that there are many different latke versions. This is the latke recipe I grew up with & the same one I make my for my family & friends. It’s easy to make & tastes fantastic!
Ingredients: 5 pounds potatoes, 1-1/2 med size onions, 2 cups flour, 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- Peel potatoes & place in a bowl of cold water till ready to use (the water keeps the potatoes from turning brown)
- Place potatoes & onions in a food processor using the knife blade (NOT the grate blade)
- Pour the potato/onion mixture into a large bowl & mix in flour & salt.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. You need enough oil to cover the pan- approx 1/2” deep.
- Carefully add spoonfuls of mixture to oil & fry on each side till golden brown.
- Cool on plate with paper towel (to absorb excess oil)
- Serve warm with sour cream or applesauce. ENJOY!
Don’t forget to give our Matzah Ball Soup Recipe a try! You don’t need a holiday because its always soup time- especially during the cold winter days.