Best Faux (Fake) Snowballs for your Winter & Holiday Decor..
Getting ready for the holidays & in need of some faux snowballs. Several versions online (glue, glitter, even toilet paper) looked interested but either too complicated or too messy. This DIY was just right!
- 1 can of Krylon Make It Stone! Spray Paint
- 1 bag Buffalo Snow Flurries
- Assorted Styrofoam Balls
- We are using wooden skewers to hold styrofoam balls
- Something to stand them up while drying.
- Protective plastic to keep area clean (spray outside).
First we stick the skewer into a styrofoam ball. Then we spray the Krylon Make It Stone! Spray evenly around the ball. Then sprinkle the Flurries onto the wet paint. We poured some flurries into a small bowl & dipped the styrofoam ball into the flurries. Both techniques worked great. In some areas we also went back & repeated the steps to get a thicker texture.
What are we going to do with these snowballs? Follow us & see, because our Christmas House Tour is coming very soon!