Pumpkin Spice Chip Oatmeal Bars – are they a dessert or breakfast? They are anytime fabulous!
1/2 cup (1stick)butter plus 6tbsp. 2 eggs
3/4 firmly packed brown sugar 1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup granulated sugar 1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda 1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt 3 cups oats
1/2 dried cranberries 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Bag of Toll House Pumpkin Spice Chips *limited time exclusively at Target
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl with mixer, beat butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla beat well
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon & salt, mix well.
- Add oats, chopped nuts, and dried cranberries, pumpkin spice chips, mix well.
- Put dough in 13×9 ungreased metal baking pan, press to even out into the pan.
- Bake 27-33 minutes. Cool, cut into squares and enjoy.
These are a very dense oatmeal bar. Great snack, good for lunch box, or great with a cup of coffee or tea!
Option: Can bake as cookies, drop rounded tablespoon of dough onto ungreased cookie sheet bake 8-10 minutes, or until light brown.