Oven baked peach french toast is a Springtime tradition & family favorite. Perfect for Easter Brunch!
For convenience we are listing the directions with each picture as well as at the end of the post. Specific brands being used are what we like & are not being promoted by the companies. We highly recommend using similar brands available to you & taking advantage of local discounts & sales.
Combine brown sugar, butter & water in sauce pan. Stir over med/low heat until thick.
Pour into 9″ x 13″ baking dish & cook 10 minutes at 350˚
Add peach slices to bottom of baking dish & cover with bread.
Mix eggs with vanilla & milk and then pour mixture over the bread layer. We love to sprinkle cinnamon on top.
We prefer cut away the crust & save for making homemade croutons.
Refrigerate overnight. Bake, covered, at 350˚ for 40 minutes.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tbsp water
- 29 oz can sliced peaches, drained (set the syrup aside!)
- 14 slices french bread
- 5 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 tsp vanilla
- optional: cinnamon to taste
- Combine brown sugar, butter & water in sauce pan. Stir over med/low heat until thick & pour into 9″ x 13″ baking dish. Cook 10 minutes at 350˚.
- Add peach slices to bottom of baking dish & cover with bread. Mix eggs with vanilla & milk and then pour mixture over the bread layer.
- Refrigerate overnight. Bake covered at 350˚ for 40 minutes.
- Warm the peach juice that was set aside & serve as warmed syrup.
Looking for an amazing Springtime dessert? Our Hummingbird Cake Recipe is a winner!