Front Door Update -a perfect Spring Cleaning Project! You’ve heard us say before, no matter how big or small your front door area, keeping it clean & seasonally decorated makes a statement to all your guests before they enter your home. Every so often, a little updating is also needed.
From the dog’s scratches on the bottom half, to wanting a change from the dark color. It was time to give an update to our front door. Please know that this is is NOT a sponsored post. We chose the products we used & no companies provided any products or compensation.
- First, we sanded the doors
- Next we wiped them down to make sure they were clean of any of the dust from sanding.
- We used minwax wood conditioner on the wood (follow products manufacturers instructions to apply). And let dry (ours took approx 20 mins).
- Then we used a foam brush to liberally apply our minwax gel stain.
- Very quickly after #4, using a rag, wipe away all the excess stain. We liked the look of one coat because it showed some wood grain & had a more rustic elegance. If you prefer a darker look, simply reapply another coat.
- To seal & protect the doors, we also brushed on minwax fast-drying polyurethane in a clear semi-gloss to seal and protect our doors.
The color came out beautiful~Just what we wanted!
Keep in mind when doing your own front door update, you can do whatever your preferences are! If you want a darker or lighter. You can also use a different finish instead of semi-gloss- go with a satin finish. There are so many wonderful products out there with so many shades & finishes to choose from. Have fun & enjoy the project. And all the compliments your guests will give you!
Speaking of Spring Cleaning Projects, have you seen our How to Clean OutDoor Furniture post? And check out our very a Easy Flower Pot Update Using Spray Paint before you go out to buy new ones for spring flowers.
This post is being shared at some of our favorite link parties.