Time is such an issue for us this year. So much so, that we are looking to not only save money but keep things as simple & easy as possible. And most important, it must look beautiful! And yes, it is possible.
This is our how we made our Easy Hanukkah Table Setting and Centerpiece…
The Chinet Crystal Cut salad plates are the same size as the center circle of the dinner plates. So we use a salad plate as our stencil. Simply turn salad plate over and using a pencil, outline the circle. Using a scissor, cut the circle along the line.
Turn dinner plate over. Using a clean paintbrush, apply a coat of mod podge glue to the bottom side of the inside circle. No need to tape the area because there is a small seem to the plate that makes it easy to keep the glue inside the circle.
Place wrapping paper circle onto the glue carefully so its as flat as possible. Reminder- the image on gift wrap should face the glue so you will be able to see it through the plate is set on the table.
It will look white and you see the glue. But no worries, because the glue dries clear. Just a tip, that if you rather not glue the wrap, you can just cut the circle, or any shape and simply place under the plate. We chose to glue because we feel this gives lot of other options to the plate if it moves from the table. Example, a holiday plate your guests can take leftovers on. Or when giving a gift of your favorite holiday cookies. The list is endless.
Items needed for our decorative centerpiece: one Magnolia Garland, Deco Art Silver Glitter Paint. *Note, we purchased our Magnolia garland at Michaels and used a coupon to save 50%. They have a beautiful gold & green magnolia garland online but not with silver or plain. We saved more money buy buying it in store and adding the silver ourselves.
It all came together so beautifully. Love that cleanup will be so much easier.
Some of the other items used on the Hanukkah Table were previously owned. Most of which are no longer available but we found some online options to help your compare and save:
- Blue Hanukkah Table Runner
- The gorgeous Menorah Napkin Rings – were found on clearance at Pottery Barn a few years ago. No longer in stock there are lots of online options like Amazon and Ebay
- Simple Blue Place Mats
- Simple Blue Linen Napkins – we found ours at Homegoods.
- Silver Menorah – so many beautiful options and prices can vary but no need to spend a lot unless you want to. Menorah Candles can be extremely decorative too.
- Blue and Silver Votive & Tea Light Candles
- Hanukkah Chocolate Coins (aka, Hanukkah Gelt) -those we do buy fresh every year. LOL, they are a favorite. Sprinkle them around the table & throughout the edges of the table runner.
Wishing you a very Happy & Wonderful Hanukkah and holiday season! Chag Sameach! Don’t forget to check out our recipe for the absolute BEST Hanukkah Potato Latkes