Our crockpot is a huge time saver for us. Life gets hectic but dinner can sit & cook throughout the day for our families to have hearty & healthy meal. One of our favorite recipes is Chicken Tortilla Soup & we are so glad to be sharing this recipe with you…
- 3 Chicken Thighs, skin removed
- 10 oz Can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- 1-1/2 Cups Cooked Black Beans
- 1-1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1-1/2 Cups Water
- 1 Yellow Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, finely minced
- 1 Jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- Juice from 1/2 Lemon
- 20 Tortilla Chips
- 3 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Cilantro
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
Place the chicken, tomatoes, juices, beans, broth, water, onion, garlic, jalapeño, cumin, and chili power in a crockpot (aka slow cooker). Cover & cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
Uncover, and using tongs, remove the chicken from the pot. Let cool enough to handle & remove the meat from the bones & shred. Return the shredded meat to the pot. Stir in the lemon juice.
Crumble a few tortilla chips into each bowl and cover with soup. Sprinkle with cilantro and grated cheese.